The tribe of Bani Mustaliq were planning to launch a surprise attack against the Muslims, and rumor of it reached Prophet Muhammad. He sent a companion named Buraydah ibn al-Husayb to investigate. The rumor was confirmed.
This lecture covers:
- The attack Prophet Muhammad led in response
- The secret hypocrites who joined this battle
- The battle's outcome
- The Prophet's political marriage to Juwayriyya bint al-Harith, the daughter of Bani Mustaliq's chief
- Prophet Muhammad's response to munafiq Abdullah ibn Ubayy criticizing the Muhajireen during the return trip to Medina
- Allah revealing Surah Munafiqun to expose ibn Ubayy, and an explanation of the verses
Lecture notes available at http://www.why-quran.org/?p=602.
Subscribe at http://www.why-quran.org/subscribe to watch the lectures live and participate in the Q&A at the end of each class.
Video recording of this lecture + Q&A available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOFFolfr8a8&list=PLpkB0iwLgfTat-Pgh4W3WFmupPamiC9UT.