After the Battle of Uhud:
- Quraysh mutilate the bodies of Muslims
- Prophet Muhammad sends a reconnissance mission to see if the Quraysh will invade Medina or return to Mecca
- Various verses of the Quran are revealed to console the Muslims and instruct them on how to recover from the losses
- The Meccans decide to come back to finish off the Muslims, but their army is scared away
- Nomadic tribes, emboldened by the Muslim's defeat at Uhud, try to raid the Muslims
Key lessons from the Battle of Uhud:
- Do not be naive and assume anyone who claims to be a Muslim is a believer at heart. Uhud exposed the munafiqeen
- God's help is guaranteed when Muslims are united and obey the Prophet
- Being Muslim doesn't guarantee victory. Believers must struggle and endure hardships to achieve success
- Beware of succumbing to material temptations. Love of the world can blind even those fighting alongside the prophet
Lecture notes available at http://www.why-quran.org/?p=501.
Subscribe at http://www.why-quran.org/subscribe to watch the lectures live and participate in the Q&A at the end of each class.
Video recording of this lecture + Q&A available on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDjeZ57V3VM&list=PLpkB0iwLgfTat-Pgh4W3WFmupPamiC9UT.